Friday, April 18, 2008

Feist Sings Real Good

I went and saw Feist this past Wednesday night, and I noticed something. This girl can sing. Like, really sing. She has an unbelievable voice, and the show was a very unique, creative one at that. Hell, she had a team of shadow puppet artists, doing all sorts of crazy shit, interpreting the songs in a really fresh way. She performed practically all of her big hits, including My Moon My Man, I Feel It All, Mushaboom, One Two Three Four, Gatekeeper and, as an encore, the rocking Sea Lion Woman. There are very few artists who sound as good live as they do on their recordings, but she's one of the very few who may actually sound BETTER in person, if that's even possible. Her latest release made my list of best albums from last year. Count on this show making the list of best shows from this year.

No comments: